HTC U11+, the larger sibling to the company’s flagship U11, was unveiled back in November of 2017. Just like the U11, the U11+ sports an edge-to-edge display and HTC Edge Sense, the squeezable frame technology that is also incorporated into the Google's latest Pixel devices. However, the U11+, as the 'plus' in its name suggests, comes with a taller 6-inch QHD+ 18:9 aspect ratio screen protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass 5, as well as a larger battery.
The device, that has been available in the U.K., Europe, and the Middle East, was not yet being sold in India. However, that changes today, as the device is now exclusively available on Flipkart, an e-commerce retailer in India, for ₹56,990 ($886).
The device is currently available in the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage guise, with just one color option: Amazing Silver. The Ceramic Black and HTC's unique Translucent Black options remain notably absent. Out of the box, it runs Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC’s Sense UI on the top.
The specifications of the HTC U11+ are:
- 6-inch Super LCD 6 display, Quad HD+ (2880 x 1440) with Corning® Gorilla™ Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 64-bit octa-core, up to 2.45GHz
- IP68 dust and water resistant
- 6GB RAM / 128GB storage
- Dual Sim (Hybrid Slot – 2 Sim cards or 1 Sim card and 1 microSD card)
- microSD expandable storage (up to 2TB)
- 12MP main camera with 1.4μm pixels, BSI sensor, OIS, f/1.7 aperture, dual LED flash, HDR+, 4K Video Recording, 3D Audio Recording
- 8MP selfie camera with 85° field of view, BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture, HDR+, Voice capture, Selfie Panorama, Full HD 1080p Video Recording, Audio Recording
- Sensors: Edge Sensor, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Motion G-sensor, Compass sensor, Gyro sensor, Magnetic sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 3930mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- USB 3.1 Gen 1, Type-C with Quick Charge 3.0
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- Wi-Fi®: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5GHz)
- Size: 158.5 x 74.9 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 190g
In comparison, a similarly specced Google Pixel 2 XL retails on Flipkart for ₹73,999 ($1,150). However, it is to be seen how the HTC U11+ fares against the other competitively priced offerings in the country, such as the OnePlus 5T and the LG V30+.