LG have been teasing the public with promo videos for their release of the LG Optimus 3D P920. Although the promo videos are very cheesy, they do show off one very interesting device, one with 3D camera / video recorder, what looks to be 3D MMS, and much, much more.
The LG Optimus 3D P920 is the first phone to offer a 1Ghz dual-core and dual-channel processor, making the phone a very efficient device. Running on the Android 2.2 (upgradable to 2.3) operating system, the device has smart battery capabilities, to reserve power while you're sleeping.
With a 4.3" 3D WVGA (800 x 480 resolution) screen, the phone offers stunning 3D 720p playback. The Optimus even offers 2D 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 recording and playback, or 3D 720p H.264 SEI recording and playback.
The phone is more than just a phone, but a 3D gaming device. The LG Optimus 3D 920 will come with three 3D games from Gamesloft, including Asphalt 6, Let's Gold 2 and N.O.V.A.
Specifications for the LG Optimus 3D P920 as published by 3dhandheldgaming.com:
- Dimensions: 128.8 x 68 x 11.9 mm
- Weight: 168g
- Android 2.2 (upgradable to 2.3)
- 1GHz Dual-Core Dual-Channel processor (Texas Instruments OMAP4)
- 4.3″ 3D WVGA screen (800×480)
- 8GB memory and 4GB LP DDR2
- microSD slot, up to 32GB
- 5MP dual-lens camera (2560х1920 pixels)
- 2D: 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 recording and playback (24fps)
- 3D: 720p H.264 SEI recording and playback (30fps)
- HDMI 1.4 output
- H.264, H.263, DivX, MKV, WMV-9, ASF, AVI, 3GP, MP4
- Sensors: - Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro sensor and Touch-sensitive control
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, DLNA
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, EDR
- microUSB port 2.0
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- 1,500 mAh battery (Li-Ion)