Two more Xbox 360 games are being added to the Xbox One Backward Compatibility list today, including LEGO Batman 2 and Port Royale 3. The list currently consists of 572 games that were originally built for the Xbox or Xbox 360 consoles.
Historically, Microsoft has added new games to the list on Tuesdays, although more recently it's been happening on Thursdays. Last week, the firm added four games from the Command and Conquer series.
Here's what's new today:
Legends Unite! The Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Collect 50 DC Comics characters, flex your new super abilities, and master new suits and gadgets. Players can also explore Gotham City and unlock a variety of cool vehicles.
The Caribbean, in the turbulent 17th Century. The mighty kingdoms of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands fight over the colonies. And there you are, a young sea captain whose only goal is to become the most powerful man in the New World. To achieve that goal, you may choose one of the two available campaigns: will you become an Adventurer or a Trader? For the first time in the acclaimed Port Royale series, you are not alone in the beautiful and seemingly so peaceful seas of the Caribbean. Develop a successful trading company, lead your ships in beautiful 3D naval battles and force your opponents to their knees!
- Two different single player campaigns: Adventurer and Trader
- Naval battles, raids, plundering and invasions await the Adventurer, while the Trader will develop trade routes and the economy to earn glory, fortune and power
- 16 different ship types, such as powerful Galleons or versatile Frigates
- Organize trade with 60 different cities such as Port-au-Prince or Tortuga
- A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world
Today is the last day of the month, which means it's your last chance to claim some of last month's Games with Gold. It's the last day for Celeste (Xbox One) and Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360), and you have until February 15 to grab WRC 6 FIA World Rally Championship (Xbox One). As part of next month's Games with Gold, you'll be able to claim Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Xbox One) and Assassin's Creed Rogue (Xbox 360) beginning tomorrow.