Microsoft's lower-mid-range Lumia 640 certainly impressed us when we reviewed it earlier this year, thanks to its beautiful HD display and solid performance, and a pretty decent camera too. And the low-cost Windows Phone has become even more appealing as its price has continued to fall in recent months.
Until recently, you could grab the 640 for $59.99 off-contract (albeit locked to AT&T) via the Microsoft Store - but it's now on sale there for just $39, making it one of the most affordable smartphones available anywhere in the US.
The Lumia 640's key specs include:
- 5-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- Backside illuminated 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording
- 0.9MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens and 720p video
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer and SensorCore
- Replaceable 2500mAh battery
- 141.3 x 72.2 x 8.8mm; 145g
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2
However, if you're keen to save a few extra bucks, you might want to wait just a few more days. As part of the Black Friday promotions announced by Microsoft last week, you'll be able to pick up the Lumia 640 for just $29.99 from Best Buy from November 26 to 28.
And if you're a fan of Microsoft's mobile devices, there's one more reason to buy the Lumia 640: the company has confirmed that it will be among the first handsets to be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile.
Source: Microsoft Store via Windows Central
36 Comments - Add comment