Microsoft is pushing out a new Xbox One 1810 preview build to Alpha ring users of the Xbox Insider program. Though there are no new features, the system update (build 1810.180911-1920) brings with it a bunch of fixes and lists a host of known issues.
This system update is part of the next major update that will roll out to the Xbox One range of consoles. As the version number suggests, it should be released to the general public sometime in October, aligning with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update timeframe.
Here is what’s fixed in today’s update:
- Fixes to resolve an error that some users were encountering when the Audio settings were being reset to Stereo from 5.1/DTS or ATMOS.
- Fixes to Avatar animations so their feet/hands and other animations are correct.
- Fixes to align the Official club icon with text
- Stability fixes for Microsoft Edge and the cursor should display as designed.
- Narrator fixes for Game Pass integration.
- Fixes to the Achievements Leaderboard to fix the missing progress bar
- Localization fixes in this build.
Below is the list of known issues for this build:
- We are aware that some users are experiencing issues where mics do not work. Please ensure that your controller is running the latest Firmware (Settings – Kinect & Devices – Devices & Accessories) and be sure to file feedback using the “Report a problem” tool when you experience this issue.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.
My Games & Apps
- We are aware that some users are experiencing crashing of a game or the Youtube app when you are either launching or resuming the Youtube app.
- If you are in the Youtube app and then Resume to a Game the app/game and console may hang or crash.
- We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- We are aware that special characters appear incorrectly when using the Virtual Keyboard.
- We are aware that the recently used emoji’s/characters are not present when you launch the VK again.
For those curious, you can click here to read through a list of some of the features that might ship with version 1810 for Xbox One.
As always, it is recommended that you understand the risks of running preview builds and give the known issues a thorough read.