Last month, Microsoft released both the Lumia 950 and the 950 XL alongside the low-end Lumia 550. While the first two are aimed at the high-end, the Lumia 550 is aimed for the entry-level of the market and is among the first devices to ship with Windows Mobile 10 installed.
Previously, the Microsoft Lumia 550 was available from third-party retailers but was not offered by Microsoft itself on its store. This has now changed as Microsoft has started to sell an unlocked version of the device for $139. Microsoft however only offers the black version of the phone - if you want to buy the white version, you'll have to head to third party retailers.
For only $139, this device offers some decent specs and features, including:
- 4.7-inch LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 5MP rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash (720p video recording at 30fps)
- 2MP front-facing camera (VGA video)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 2.0 with Type-B connector
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 2100mAh battery
- 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9mm; 142g
Should you be interested in the Lumia 550, you can head over to the Microsoft Store for more information.