Mozilla Sunbird is a cross-platform calendar application, built upon Mozilla Toolkit. Our goal is to provide you with full-featured and easy to use calendar application that you can use around the world. Lightning brings the Sunbird calendar to the popular email client, Mozilla Thunderbird. Since it's an extension, Lightning is tightly integrated with Thunderbird, allowing it to easily perform email-related calendaring tasks.
I am happy to report, that the 0.7 of Lightning and Sunbird has been completed and is now available via AMO and the Calendar Project website. Just 1.5 weeks after our originally scheduled release date, Lightning 0.7 and Sunbird 0.7 bring us a huge step closer to our 1.0 release, which we hope to release in 2008. Lightning 0.7 and Sunbird 0.7 are available for Windows, Mac OS X (universal builds) and Linux in 27 different languages including English.
- It is now much easier to switch between the mail and calendar parts of Thunderbird thanks to a user interface redesign
- A redesigned event/task dialog has been enabled to gather feedback from the community. It offers a much cleaner user interface and additional functionality including:
- Events/Tasks can be created in different timezones
- Attendees can be added from a local or corporate LDAP directory
- Free-Busy information is available for users of the Sun Java Calendar Server
- Integrated display of recurrence patterns, reminders and attendees
- Custom recurrences and reminders
- Clear separation between tasks and events
- The new event summary dialog lists all the details of tasks and events for calendar which are read-only
- The Today Pane gives a quick overview over your current tasks and upcoming events. The Today Pane can be enabled/disabled by a toolbar button
- Colliding events (events in the same time slot) are shrunk so that they fit into the display of a day. This no longer affects other events on the same day
- Localized releases of Lightning and Sunbird in Chinese (simplified), Georgian, Lithuanian, Portuguese (European), Spanish (Argentina) and Turkish
Download: Lightning 0.7 (fully localized for 27 languages)
News source: Mozilla Calendar Weblog