Mozilla Thunderbird is a redesign of the Mozilla mail component. The goal is to produce a cross platform stand alone mail application using the XUL user interface language. The intended customer is someone who uses Mozilla Firebird (or another stand alone browser) as their primary browser and wants a mail client based on mozilla that "plays nice" with the browser.
- A complete list of recent Mozilla Thunderbird work can be found here. Here are some of the highlights:
- Since 0.1, we have made excellent strides in reducing code footprint and improving performance. The windows download has been reduced by 1.5MB.
Improved default theme
- Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2 sports a crisp, fresh and attractive theme, based on the amazing Qute theme by Arvid Axelsson. In this latest release, we now have icons for the options dialog in addition to improved toolbar icons for the mail and compose toolbars. The theme is continuing to mature. We also have new taskbar icons for Windows and OSX.
Improved Spell Checker
- The spell checker no longer attempts to spell check quoted HTML and plain text replies. It now ignores urls inside of the message as well.
Redesigned Options dialog
- Including icons in the options dialog, a stream lined advanced panel and a new attachments panel for managing behavior for opening mail attachments.
- The compose window now supports a quote button. The mail toolbar now supports a previous button.
Performance and Footprint
Download: Linux Version
Download: Mac OS X version
View: Release Notes
News source: Warp2Search
-1 Comments - Add comment