Thunderbird 0.8 is Mozilla's next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster and easier than ever before with the industry's best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in spell checker, extension support, and much more.
- POP3 users can now combine all of their POP3 accounts into a single global inbox under local folders.
- Switching to Thunderbird has never been easier since Thunderbird can now migrate all of your e-mail data including settings, mail folders and address book data from common mail applications such as the Mozilla 1.x Suite, Outlook Express, Outlook and Eudora.
- Thunderbird now features a built in RSS reader which allows you to easily subscribe to and read news and weblogs that support RSS.
- In order to help protect your privacy, Thunderbird now automatically blocks remote image requests in e-mails from senders you don't know.
- Thunderbird now makes it even easier to manage your e-mail. Quick search now supports many different types of search criteria including the ability to search message body text. Thunderbird can also highlight the quick search terms in the message body.
- Support for using a master password to encrypt saved e-mail account passwords.
- Linux GNOME users can now make Thunderbird their default e-mail client (Tools > Options > General).
- If your network uses proxy authentication for HTTP, Thunderbird now correctly prompts for proxy authentication instead of silently failing.
Download: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 for Windows | Linux | Mac OS X
View: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 Download Page
News source: mozilla.org
-1 Comments - Add comment