Thunderbird 0.9 is Mozilla's next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster and easier than ever before with the industry's best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in spell checker, extension support, and much more.
Saved Search Folders
Saved Search Folders display messages based on previously set search criteria. For example, instead of filtering messages into a new folder, you could create a Saved Search Folder that lists all the messages received from a certain person over the past 30 days, even if those messages are stored in different folders and subfolders.
You can now group messages in a folder by attributes such as date, sender, priority or a custom label. For instance, a folder grouped by date will group messages from today, yesterday, last week, etc. into self-contained groups in the message list pane. (View > Sort By > Grouped By Sort)
Other New Features
- Messages with attachments now get marked as such in the message list pane immediately and not when the message is displayed.
- Improvements to Thunderbird's Global Inbox support for POP3 users.
- The new quick search bar introduced in 0.8 now features a clear button when search text is present inside the quick search box.
- Fixed a regression introduced in 0.8 where a user could not change the local folder path in the Account Manager.
- Improved offline support including fixes for common offline-related problems.
- Improved privacy controls block remote content in e-mail messages from senders not in your address book.
- Long file attachment names are no longer truncated in the message pane.
- Bug fixes too numerous to mention!
News source: mozilla.org