If you're one of the fans who opted for the console editions - or the Windows 10 edition - of Cities: Skylines, you might have been wondering when - or if - the game would ever be blessed with the flurry of game expansions those on Steam have received over the past few months. After all, the only expansion that these editions of the game were blessed with was After Dark, which was made available with their release.
Today, Paradox Interactive announced that starting November 14, gamers on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows 10 will be getting these excellent expansions - excluding the upcoming Green Cities expansion, and the Concerts mini-expansion - beginning with Snowfall. The aforementioned expansion brings a set of challenges that go hand-in-hand with having heavy snowfall and freezing winters. In addition to having to worry about keeping roads clear and citizens warm, a set of new transport options will be added, among other things:
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a “Winter” map theme with snow and new challenges - snowplows, road maintenance, and more
- The Streetcars You Desire: New public transit options, including street trams and easier management of existing lines
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new heat systems are in place
But the fun does not stop there, as the publisher also announced that it will release a new 'Premium Edition' of the game which includes the base title, in addition to the Season Pass. The pass as mentioned will be sold separately for those who already own the game, and will give you access to seven upcoming expansions and DLC, as listed below, once they become available:
- Snowfall (full expansion)
- Natural Disasters (full expansion)
- Mass Transit (full expansion)
- High Tech Buildings (content creator pack)
- Art Deco (content creator pack)
- Relaxation Station (radio station DLC)
- Rock City Radio (radio station DLC)
The Season Pass will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows 10, and will retail for $39.99. Cities: Skylines Premium Edition will be $69.99, and will include all content as listed above, in addition to the base game when it ships. The Snowfall expansion will be sold separately for $12.99 for all platforms on November 14.
Source: Paradox Plaza
For more gaming related news and reviews, follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter!