Nvidia's latest driver release is a bit of an odd one, as it is only available for install, at least officially, on RTX 3080 graphics cards. GeForce Game Ready 511.17 WHQL driver's release matches up with the brand-new GeForce RTX 3080 12GB version Nvidia quietly launched today. Keep in mind owners of the old RTX 3080 10GB version can also jump on this release.
There are several bug fixes included in this too, which are only for 3080 owners at least for now:
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game. 
- Flicker/disappearing text when 12-bit color is used 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. 
Here are the known issues:
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. 
- If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. 
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. 
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. 
- Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. 
- If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
This driver is a little light on features and availability options, but Nvidia has also announced it is working on a major Game Ready driver release for January 14. This will carry support for God of War (DLSS and Reflex), Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction (DLSS and Reflex), Hitman III, The Anacrusis (DLSS), GRIT (DLSS), and Monster Hunter Rise, alongside a new Dynamic Super Resolution technique involving AI, and more.
While everyone else waits for that upcoming release this Friday, RTX 3080 owners can download today's 511.17 WHQL driver using the link below. Here are the release notes.
Desktop GPUs: Download: Windows 11, 10 – DCH