Nvidia today released its GeForce Game Ready WHQL-certified 398.11 drivers, bringing optimizations for the just-launched title by Dontnod Entertainment, Vampyr, and the upcoming Jurassic World Evolution, developed by Frontier Developments.
These new drivers also promise to deliver the best experience for the new crop of HDR-capable G-Sync displays that has just started to hit the shelves, such as the Acer Predator X27 and Asus’s ROG Swift PG27UQ.
As for bug fixes, this release doesn’t appear to put much of its focus on that area, with only a small list of improvements:
- [SLI][Hitman Pro: DirectX 12]: With SLI mode enabled, the game crashes if in-game HDR is ON and Windows HDR setting is OFF at lower resolutions. 
- [Call of Duty: WWII][Surround]: With Surround enabled, the center Surround display is blank during gameplay. 
The list of known issues is extensive, but a few include workarounds, which we have emphasized:
Windows 10 Issues
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][G-SYNC][World of Warcraft: Legion][HDR]: Severe color corruption appears in the game after launching with the Windows HDR setting enabled. 
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 1060]: The external HDMI display blinks when playing a video from the Netflix Edge Browser or Blu-ray video in full-screen mode with Windows HDR enabled. 
- [Surround SLI][G-Sync][Overwatch]: There is constant flickering in the game when played in a specific SLI Surround configuration (2 displays on master GPU and 1 display on slave GPU) with G-Sync mode enabled. 
- [Shadow Warrior 2][TITAN V]: After launching the game with Windows HDR setting enabled, there is flickering corruption when hovering the mouse over the game screen. 
- Workaround: The issue does not occur with Windows HDR setting disabled.
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. 
- [Netflix Edge Browser]: When playing a game in full-screen mode and playing a video from the Netflix Edge Browser, blue-screen crash occurs after multiple [Alt+Tab] switching between the two. 
- Workaround: The issue does not occur when playing the Netflix video in a Chrome browser.
- [Dead by Daylight]: NVIDIA Freestyle does not work with the game. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel][Surround]: NVIDIA Surround hot keys do not work. 
- Random DPC watchdog violation errors occur when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. 
- With HDR turned on, non HDR full-screen video playback may cause corruption/ flicker in the video. 
- Workaround: To avoid this scenario, disable Windows HDR setting before launching the video.
- Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU
- Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided may crash shortly after loading saved story in DX12 mode
- With HDR turned on, non HDR full-screen video playback may cause corruption/flicker in the video.
- Workaround: To avoid this scenario, disable HDR from MS panel before launching video.
- Win7/Win8: G-sync not disengaging after exiting some games causing the desktop to stutter
Additionally, these drivers add or update the SLI profile for Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
The 398.11 WHQL-certified drives can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows, or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.