Nvidia today released the GeForce Game Ready WHQL-certified 418.91 drivers, bringing optimal experience and further optimizations to users utilizing ray tracing and the recently-added DLSS support in Battlefield V. It also optimizes for Metro Exodus, which releases in two days – with pre-load available on Steam.
Additionally, there are a few bug fixes in this release:
- [Battlefield 1]: Lines appear in the terrain with NVIDIA Control Panel anisotropic filtering override enabled.[1969966
- [GeForce RTX 20 series]: Event ID 14 error appears in event viewer logs when Digital Vibrance setting is changed. 
There's a long list of known issues as well, including an acknowledgment for a game-crashing bug in Apex Legends:
Windows 10 Issues
- [G-SYNC]: With a G-SYNC and G-SYNC Compatible display connected in clone mode, flashing occurs on games played on the G-SYNC display with G-SYNC enabled. 
- [Apex Legends]: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message may appear and then the game crashes.
- [Hitman 2]: Pixelated corruption appears in the game. 
- [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration. 
- [HDR][Ni no Kuni 2]: Enabling HDR causes the application to crash when launched. 
- [ARK Survival]: Multiple errors and then blue-screen crash may occur when playing the game. 
- [Batman: Arkham Origins]: PhysX fog renders incorrectly 
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. 
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) is not available for monitors with 4k2k timings. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs 
Windows 7 Issues
- Random TDR events occur after updating to driver 418.81. 
- [iRay][OptiX]: iRay GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration. 
- 2079538 - Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with LX chips
- Workaround: Use the following tool to enable MSI mode as a temporary workaround (only apply changes to each NVIDIA GPU installed):
- 2449346-The Witcher 3 will BSOD with Bad Pool error randomly during gameplay
- 2453173-ARK Survival may crash with bad pool caller error and eventual BSOD
The 418.91 WHQL-certified drivers can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.