Nvidia today released its WHQL-certified 442.50 Game Ready drivers, introducing optimizations for Season 4 of Apex Legends, ARK’s Genesis Part 1 expansion, as well as the Warlords of New York expansion for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. It also brings a security update with it.
Apex Legends rolled out its Season 4 titled ‘Assimilation’ earlier this month, so this release may alleviate some present issues. ARK’s Genesis Part 1 expansion, though, was released just two days ago, and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will see its Warlords of New York expansion release on March 3.
Among all of this, the new driver also brings with it Variable Rate Super-Sampling (VRSS) profiles for these VR titles:
- Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- Doctor Who
There are security updates included with this release as well, with more details present in Nvidia’s Security Bulletin 4996. At the time of writing, however, the link provided by Nvidia leads to a 404.
Here are all the issues addressed by this driver release:
- [Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. 
- [Mortal Kombat]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop without error 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan][HDR]:Corrupted flickering occurs when in-game HDR is enabled. 
- [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. 
- [Twitch Studio]: The app shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level. 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may flicker when in-game HDR is enabled. 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crashes occur during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs.
As always, there are a few known issues as well:
Windows 10 Issues
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- [Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
- Note: To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
Windows 7 Issues
- [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. 
This release also adds these three monitors to the G-Sync Compatible list:
- AOC AG271FZ2
- AOC AG271F1G2
- ASUS PG43U
The 442.50 WHQL-certified Game Ready drivers can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.