The ObjectDock 1.0 release candidate is now available for download at www.objectdock.com.
ObjectDock is a freeware program launcher / task manager that does its job with style. It's completely skinnable, can have tasks and programs be represented by .PNG files or icons, and has a host of special effects to make it look and feel like any kind of dock one might want to have on their system.
New in this release candidate:
- Issue with icons temporarially disapparing and/or stopping updating (e.g. clocks) after changing screen resolutions or coming out of hibernation fixed
- Settings are now saved whenever the config dialog is closed, rather than on exit only.
- Mouse activation:
- When in "normal z-order" mode, will bring to front when mouse moves into activation area and leave there until another window is activated
- When in "bottom" mode, will bring to front when mouse moves into activation area, and will put the dock back on bottom when the dock leaves the dock's area.
- Resizable Icon Chooser dialog (remembers its size as well)
- Added text to clerify how to remove docklets
- Updated Weather plugin to use Weather.com's XML feed, and added ability to switch to metric units.
- Fix issue with folders as shortcuts not properly launching
- Run-visibility option added for shortcuts (run minimized, maximized, etc)
- Improved clock to have thicker hands
- Option to add your own separators added
- Fixed a large number of additional little glitches found from postings on the messageboards, thanks to tips from testers
News source: WinCustomize