Samsung will be launching the Galaxy Note7 at its Unpacked event in New York on the 2nd of August. However, not much is left to be unpacked thanks to a new leak, which includes official renders of the device as well as detailed hardware specifications of the upcoming phablet.
The latest batch of leaks comes from the reliable leakster, @OnLeaks who has posted the official looking renders of the device in Blue, Grey and Black colors. We already know some of the alleged specifications of the smartphone but the leakster has added a bit of additional details to them, which are as follows:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display
- Snapdragon 821 / Exynos 8893 chipsets
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB of internal storage and support for microSD cards up to 256 GB
- 12-megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 lens and a 5-megapixel front camera
- IP68 rated water and dust proofing
- Iris scanner
- 3500 mAh battery
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 153.5mm x 73.9mm x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 168 gms
In addition to the Note7, Samsung is also expected to launch a new version of the Gear VR that will support older devices as well. It is rumoured to be priced at $90. The Note7 will allegedly be sold for €850 in France from 2nd September onwards.
For an unreleased device, plenty of information about the Note7 is already out there and it will be interesting to see whether Samsung has anything else to reveal at its event on Tuesday.