OnePlus today announced that it has started rolling out OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The update comes days before the company is scheduled to announce the OnePlus 8T that is also going to run on Android 11 out of the box.
OnePlus had released the first Oxygen 11 developer build in early September for OnePlus 8 users. The latest version of the skin is a major departure from the previous version of OxygenOS as it ditches the stock Android look and feel for a UI that's more optimized for one-handed use. OnePlus claims that for the final build, it has listened to the feedback from its users and made changes, squashed bugs, and improved the overall stability of the OS.
You can find the full OxygenOS 11 change-log for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro below.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -"Widget" - "Settings" - Select the widget.
OnePlus also notes that it will be rolling out the OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 6 series in the coming future as well.