The PHP development community is proud to announce the release of PHP 5 Beta 1. Both source packages and a Win32 build are available, you can find these packages at https://www.php.net/downloads.php. For a complete list of changes, please refer to https://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php.
Some of the more major changes include:
- PHP5 features the Zend Engine 2. For a list of Zend Engine 2 changes, please visit
- XML support has been completely redone in PHP5, all extensions are now focused around the excellent libxml2 library (https://www.xmlsoft.org/).
- SQLite has been bundled with PHP. For more information on SQLite, please visit their website, https://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/.
- Streams have been greatly improved, including the ability to access low-level socket operations on streams.
- Due to issues surrounding the MySQL 4.0 license, the MySQL libraries are no longer bundled with PHP. For more information on these licensing changes please see the MySQL licensing policy 
News source: PHP.net News
This is BETA software!, please use caution when installing it on your system