Two months ago, Samsung unveiled a new addition to its range of Android tablets. The Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is a mid-range device, and at the time of its announcement, Samsung revealed that it would be priced at €289 EUR (around $320 USD at current exchange rates) in Europe for the Wi-Fi model, and €349 ($385) for the 4G LTE variant.
Now, Samsung has opened pre-orders in the United States for the Wi-Fi version, priced at $299.99. The device is available in both black and white, and its key specs include:
- 10.1-inch display with WUXGA (1920x1200px) resolution
- Octa-core 1.6GHz Exynos 7870 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus and LED flash (f/1.9 aperture)
- 2MP front-facing camera (f/2.2 aperture)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity
- microUSB 2.0
- 7300mAh battery
- 254.2 x 155.3 x 8.2mm; 525g
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Those who pre-order the device in the US today can expect it to ship "in 7-10 business days".