If you own a SHIELD TV or TV Pro and have yet to receive Experience Upgrade 7.0, you'll be happy to know that the update is now rolling out to all users. Today, Nvidia announced the news via its Twitter account.
The update will be based on Android 8.0 and will feature a new home screen that attempts to pull all your entertainment into one place, giving you quick access to live TV, streaming services, games, and more. Perhaps one of the more alluring features of the new update is the ability to continue watching where you left off. Nvidia is dubbing this as 'Play Next' and it will work with supported movies, TV shows, and even games. The update brings other enhancements as well which can be seen in detail below.
- The latest monthly Android security updates
- Quick access to Settings when you’re on the home screen by holding the Back button
- Support for high polling rate gaming mice for NVIDIA GameStream
- Improved support for game controllers:
- Customize SHIELD controller thumbstick dead zones (Settings-> Apps-> Input viewer)
- Xbox 360 and DualShock 4 v2 controllers
- DualShock 4 controllers using USB wireless adapter
- Adds “Connect” option to re-pair disconnected Bluetooth accessories (Settings->Accessories)
- Ability to connect to Wi-Fi without disconnecting Ethernet (Settings-> Network-> Ethernet)
- General stability fixes on SHIELD remote (2017) and controller (2017)
If you have yet to see a notification on your device regarding the update, you can also manually check for it by heading to Settings > About > System Updates.
Source: Nvidia (Twitter)