The Sunbelt Personal Firewall helps control how computers share information with other computers through the Internet or a local network. It also protects computers from external or internal attacks from other computers. The Personal Firewall is especially useful for laptop computers since they are easier to compromise because of built-in wireless access. If you're looking for the free Kerio Firewall or a replacement for the Sygate firewall, you have found the right page. Just like the original, the Sunbelt Personal Firewall will keep working after the first 30 days, but in basic mode.
Sunbelt Personal Firewall provides the following functions and features:
* Stop all traffic – This function can be helpful especially when undesirable or strange network activity is detected. Traffic can be restored after the appropriate security actions are taken.
* Logging – Each firewall module creates an independent log that is stored in a text file. Logs can be viewed in a configuration dialog. Logs can also be stored on a Syslog server.
* Connections overview and statistics – The overview provides information about established connections and ports opened by individual applications. Information on the current speed and size of transmitted data in both directions is also provided for active connections. The overview is automatically refreshed in predefined time intervals. Statistics show users the number of objects blocked by the Web content filter and the number of detected intrusions during specific time periods.
* Automatic update – Regular checks are made for newer versions of the firewall. Whenever a new version is detected, users have the option of downloading and installing it. It is also possible to check for new versions manually and more....
* Corrected issue in which registration fails when firewall is enabled.
* Significant improvement in network performance when web filtering is enabled.
* Enhanced Process Injection prevention to prevent code inject attempts into Windows system DLLs.
* Corrected numerous application crashes in the firewall service.
* Corrected various crashes in assist.exe
* Corrected issue in which setting password and checking for update does not cancel authentication form.
* Corrected issue in which binary data appeared in logs.
* Significant improvement in product stability.
Sunbelt Personal Firewall 4 requires 10 MB of disk space for installation and runs on:
* Windows 2000 Professional (desktop version)
* Windows XP Home
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Media Center Edition