This weekend, OnePlus announced its latest 'Android Q' (now called Android 10) developer beta, which is based on the sixth beta from Google. The new build is available for the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro, and after this, those devices will be able to get OTA updates for the OnePlus Open Beta program.
Here's the full list of changes:
- System functions improvement
- System stability improvement
- Added the OnePlus full-screen gestures
- Based on Google Android 10 Beta6
- For DP4 users, you can upgrade via online OTA
- From DP5, you can upgrade system via OTA to Open Beta
As you can see, the main new feature is that it supports OnePlus full-screen gestures. Other than that, it should be all about stability, as OnePlus preps for the production release of Android 10. There are a few known issues to be aware of though:
- Application compatibility problems
- Compatibility issues with Google Pay
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues
The company did note that this is still a developer preview though, meaning that you shouldn't install it unless you know what you're doing. There are installation images available on the OnePlus forum, although according to the post, you should get an OTA update from the previous developer preview.