Xiaomi today launched the Mi CC9 Pro in China with not one, two, or three, but five different camera sensors at the back. The Penta-camera setup includes a primary 108MP HMX sensor that Xiaomi has developed in collaboration with Samsung.
By default, photos captured from the 108MP Samsung sensor will output photos at 27MP using pixel binning technology. This will be the first phone in the world to go on sale with a 108MP camera. Xiaomi had previously announced the Mi Mix Alpha with the same camera sensor but that phone will go on sale only in December. Samsung is also rumored to use a similar setup with a 108MP camera sensor on the Galaxy S11 next year.
The penta-camera setup also includes two different telephoto sensors, one ultra-wide angle lens, and a macro lens. Below are the full camera specs of the Mi CC9 Pro:
- 108MP 1/1.33-inch Samsung HMX sensor, f/1.69 aperture, OIS
- 12MP 1/2.6-inch sensor, 50mm focal length, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP 1/3.6-inch sensor, 94mm focal length, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, 5x optical, 10x hybrid, and 50x digital zoom
- 20MP 1/2.8-inch sensor, 117-degree field of view, 16mm focal length, f/2.2 aperture
- 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Dual-LED flash
- 32MP front camera
Xiaomi is also selling a Premium Edition of the Mi CC9 Pro featuring an 8-element plastic lens. The company boasted about the phone's DxOMark score of 121 at the event which is on par with the Huawei Mate 30 Pro and better than the likes of the iPhone 11 Pro, Google Pixel 4, and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
As for the other specs, the Mi CC9 Pro is decidedly an upper mid-range handset rather than a flagship. Its full specs are as follows:
- 6.47-inch FHD+ curved Super AMOLED display
- Octa-core Snapdragon 730G chipset
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Wi-Fi ac, Dual-4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Headphone jack, Hi-res Audio
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- IR blaster
- 5260mAh battery, 30W fast charging
- MIUI 11
The Mi CC9 Pro will be available in three colors: Midnight Black, Aurora Green, and Snow Aurora colors. Pricing starts from 2799 yuan (US$400) for the 6GB RAM/128GB storage and goes all the way up to 3499 yuan (US$500) for the Premium edition with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Xiaomi will launch the Mi CC9 Pro as the Mi Note 10 Pro for the European market at an event in Madrid, Spain tomorrow.