First the Commandos series and now Desperados, it looks like the real-time tactics genre is starting to pick back up again. THQ Nordic announced today that it will be publishing a new entry to the Desperados series and that it will be "heavily inspired" by the original 2001 game.
Mimimi Productions, the developer behind the recent hit Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, is taking care of Desperados III's development duties, with the studio leaping from 17-century Japan to a wild west setting.
Here are the game description and feature list provided by the publisher:
You take control of a ragtag band becoming a highly functional group of unlikely heroes and heroines. The very different strong personalities struggle to cooperate at first, but ultimately join forces to combine their distinctive specialties and challenge a seemingly superior foe. Hunted by ruthless bandits and corrupt lawmen, the Desperados need to turn the tables with every mission.
- Command up to five Desperados and use their lethal skills to stealthily thin out the enemy rows
- Approach each mission with a big variety of different solutions and paths
- Resolve seemingly impossible large enemy setups with careful planning and perfectly timed executions
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, desert canyons, Mississippi swamps, sprawling modern cities and many more by day and night
- Defeat your foes choosing between deadly and non-lethal options, stealth and blazing guns and further adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replayability challenges
Although an exact release date wasn't a part of the announcement, Desperados III is heading for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 sometime in 2019.