Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Here is the changelog since 4.0.1:
- Update Firefox to 31.3.0esr
- Update NoScript to 22.214.171.124
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 4.0.2
- Update Torbutton to 126.96.36.199
- Bug 13019: Synchronize locale spoofing pref with our Firefox patch
- Bug 13746: Properly link Torbutton UI to thirdparty pref.
- Bug 13742: Fix domain isolation for content cache and disk-enabled
- browsing modeBug 5926: Prevent JS engine locale leaks (by setting the C library
- locale)Bug 13504: Remove unreliable/unreachable non-public bridges
- Bug 13435: Remove our custom POODLE fix (fixed by Mozilla in 31.3.0esr)
Bug 13443: Fix DirectShow-related crash with mingw patch.
Bug 13558: Fix crash on Windows XP during download folder changing
Bug 13594: Fix update failure for Windows XP users