If you run complex games, simulations and applications, UltimateDefrag gives you the capability to place the files associated with these applications in the position on your hard drive that will give you the best performance possible. UltimateDefrag is the ultimate defragger and File Placement Optimizer. Defragging hard drives helps to restore your hard drive performance. File placement optimizing on the other hand, boosts your theoretical hard drive file access performance by up to 300% of manufacturers quoted averages (typical performance increase you'll experience is between 25 and 100%) by placing the files you want performance from onto the faster performing (outer tracks) areas of your hard drive. With UltimateDefrag - you can specify which individual files, programs or games you want the best performance from. The "Archive" function places all of your unused files out of the way and onto the slower performing areas of your hard drive.
Changes in UltimateDefrag Version 1.47 (24 March 2007)
* SIGNIFICANTLY ENHANCED DEFRAG SCHEDULING
UltimateDefrag scheduling interface and functionality has been significantly enhanced to directly use Windows Task Scheduler interface. This adds more flexibility for scheduling defrags - including idle periods.
* Minimize To System Tray (Hide When Minimized) Function Added
You can select an option to Hide When Minimized and UltimateDefrag will move to the SystemTray. A right click on the SystemTray Icon provides some control including pause, resume and stop functions.
* Detect and Disable (upon user's consent) Windows BootOptimize state in Windows Registry.
It is recommended that you answer "Yes" and disable BootOptimize since Windows attempts to optimize boot file layout every 3 days. This undoes UltimateDefrag's file layout optimization by rearranging files.
* When you go into Tools=>Options menu to select optimization options, the Options dialogue box remembers the drive that you have selected in the main user interface. This avoids inadvertently selecting options for the wrong drive.
* Changes made to the configuration are now automatically saved immediately and on exit. Previously this would only be saved on exit resulting in possible loss of last changes made to UltimateDefrag configuration in the event of abnormal termination of the program.
* Confirm Before Exit. If you attempt to exit the program when file operations are in progress you will be warned that file operations are currently in progress.
* A bug in the Recency Method where data was placed on inner tracks was archiving even if Respect Archive was not selected.
Download: UltimateDefrag 1.47 shareware
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Distrix Home Page