Expedia isn't the only big name to launch a new app on the Windows Store today. The United States Postal Service has also launched an app built on Microsoft's Universal Windows Platform.
The new My USPS app is available for Windows 10 PCs, tablets and phones, enabling users to easily keep track of deliveries, including Live Tile support. It also features Cortana integration, so you can ask the assistant to open the app dashboard and check on the progress of packages in transit.
The app's description says that it "proactively scans the USPS mail-stream looking for packages heading for your home address and automatically populates your dashboard with a package's status."
Key features of the app include:
- Verify your identity to ensure the security and privacy of your account.
- Schedule email and/or text-based alerts to track the delivery status of your packages.
- Easily view all your incoming packages before they arrive at your home.
- Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your mobile device’s camera. The app recognizes the shipment and will allow you to store the label number, so you can stay on top of its status.
- View pictures of incoming mail via the Informed Delivery dashboard (where applicable)
My USPS is now available to download via the Windows Store.