Universal Viewer is a lightweight and versatile file viewer that can open virtually any file format including PDFs, Fonts, Flash Video, SWF animations, Microsoft Office formats, Images, Music and Video Files. Supported view modes and corresponding file formats are:
* Text/Binary/Hex/Unicode: all files (unlimited size)
* RTF: RTF/ UTF-8 encoded files
* Images: BMP/ JPG/ ICO/ GIF/ PNG/ WMF/ TGA/ TIFF/ PCX/ PSD/ etc
* Multimedia: all file types supported by MS Windows Media Player (AVI/ MPG/ WMV/ MP3/ etc)
* Internet/Office: all file types supported by MS Internet Explorer (HTML/ XML/ DOC/ XLS/ etc)
* Plugins: all formats supported by Total Commander Lister plugins.
The Viewer is fully Unicode compatible and can be integrated into Windows Explorer's context menu,so there is no problem to call it from anywhere in Explorer: right-click on a file and select "Universal Viewer" item. It can also be integrated into file managers that can pass to Viewer filenames via the command-line: in this case filename should be passed as first optional command parameter (don't forget to double-quote name containing spaces).
What's new in version 2.4.0:
* Added: IrfanView/XnView integration option ("General" tab). You can switch between internal library and IrfanView/XnView using '4' key.
* Added: New printing procedure for text modes, it works differently in Text/Binary/Hex/Unicode modes. Printing in Unicode mode is finally done.
* Changed: Pro version trial period is now 15 days.
* Added: Command "File -- Print preview" now works in Text/Binary/Hex/Unicode modes.
* Added: Command "File -- Properties".
* Added: Option "Advanced -- Resample image on scaling" (not for Win9.
* Added: Option "Advanced -- Auto-save window position" and command "Options -- Save window position" like in TC Lister.
* Added: When Lister plugins are added from TC config file, the "RedirectSection" feature is allowed.
* Added: Large images are shown during loading.
* Added: Navigation panel remembers its column widths and positions.
* Added: '?' character can be specified at the beginning of user tools parameters string to confirm parameters.
* Added: Help topic "Additional information -- Configuration files".
* Fixed: Command "Fit window to image".
* Fixed: Internet mode: Acrobat plugin could cause crash on exit.
* Fixed: Image mode: Wrong copies number on printing.