Office is a diverse platform that has many different uses for many different organizations. Today, Microsoft is expanding the capabilities of its productivity suite for the US Government Community. Office 365 has been bolstered with US Government Community Cloud that will comply with "federal requirements for cloud services, including FedRAMP, as well as with requirements for criminal justice and federal tax information systems."
US Government Community Cloud customers will now also have access to Skype for Business, allowing them to communicate using modern tools like messaging, voice, and video calls. Along with the benefits mentioned above, there will also be advanced security features like:
- Customer Lockbox—Gives customers new approval rights, transparency and control over their data in the cloud.
- Advanced eDiscovery—Integrates Equivio machine learning, predictive coding and text analytics capabilities, to reduce the costs and challenges that come along with sorting through large quantities of data for eDiscovery purposes.
- Advanced Threat Protection—Protects against unknown malware and viruses by applying behavioral analysis.
Lastly, access to advanced data analytics will become available allowing Community Cloud customers to take advantage of the tools below.
- Power BI Pro (now available as preview in U.S. Government Community Cloud)—A business analytics service that enables information workers to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency and understanding through live data dashboards, interactive reports and compelling visualizations.
- Microsoft MyAnalytics—Empowers individuals through rich dashboards that provide insights on time and relationships, with the goal of helping individuals get time back and spend it more effectively.
If interested in testing out these features you can always contact Microsoft or sign up for a trial of the service for 30 days.
Source: Office Blogs
1 Comment - Add comment