VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI. VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
You’ll need the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime. If you don’t have it, VidCoder will prompt you to download and install it. The Portable version is self-contained and does not require any .NET Runtime to be installed.
You do not need to install HandBrake for VidCoder to work.
- MP4, MKV containers
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- H.264, H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora video
- Hardware-accelerated encoding with AMD VCE, Nvidia NVENC and Intel QuickSync
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace, rotate, reflect, chroma smooth, colorspace filters
- Powerful batch encoding with simultaneous encodes
- Customizable Pickers to automatically pick audio and subtitle tracks, destination, titles and more
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
VidCoder 7.15 changelog:
Increased maximum number of picture previews to 60.
Added Croatian translation, thanks to Mario Toth.
Added additional guard around playing encode complete sound to address reported crash.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware