The newest patch for Warcraft III is now officially available for download. It contains many bug fixes and balance changes, but also adds a few new features and two new neutral Heroes! To download the patch, simply connect to Battle.net. Your download will begin automatically. For those who wish for an alternate method of downloading, we will post the standalone version of this patch on our FTP site as soon as it becomes available. For more information on the patch, go here.
- Two new Neutral Heroes, the Firelord and the Goblin Alchemist, have been added to the game. For further information on these exciting new Heroes and a listing of their abilities, visit https://www.battle.net/war3.
- A "Profile" button has been added to the Battle.net toolbar. You can now look at your profile from the Battle.net news page without ever entering chat.
- Replays now display their version number in the Replay selection screen.
- Designating a new clan chieftain now includes a confirmation dialogue.
- 9 maps from our Bonus Map program including (8)Funny Bunny's Egg Hunt, (8)Shamrock Reef, (8)Dragon Falls, (8)Deadlock, (8)Gold Rush, (8)Slalom, (6)Copper Canyon, (6)Rolling Hills, and (4)Predators
Download: Warcraft III Patch 1.17 Now Available
News source: Battle.Net