Four days ago, Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview, build 10586.71 on the Fast ring for Windows Insiders. Today, that build is now being pushed out over the Slow ring; as a reminder, this is a cumulative update, bringing only a small increase in the build number to 10586.71, matching the latest release for non-Insider PCs.
Microsoft's Gabe Aul tweeted on Feb. 1st that Insiders whose devices received the Configuration Update that was released last Friday "will experience improvements in the performance and reliability of receiving this Cumulative Update".
However, he also noted that "if you have not yet downloaded the Configuration Update to your device, it will be included in the download with this update".
Build 10586.71 includes a range of fixes, as well as various improvements - some of which "will only be seen when upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1". The full list of fixes is published below:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to all ready paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
The last build to go out on the Slow ring was 10586.36 back in the middle of December, If you install the build on your device today, be sure to let us know how you get on in the comments below.