The MTBot Prototype was released in May 2007, by the Microsoft Research Machine Translation Team. This technology, makes it possible to combine Machine Translation Technology, with Instant Messaging. Windows Live Messenger users can now use this IM Bot, to not just translate; It also NOW speaks! The MT Bot can presently speak in English and Spanish only!
To use this Bot, just add MTBotemail@example.com to your contact list, and send it one of the following messages:
- Hello: activates the bot to translate from English to any of the available languages
- Hallo: activates the bot to translate from German to either English or French
- Oi: activates the bot to translate from Portuguese to English
- 你好: activates the bot to translate from Chinese Simplified to English
- こんにちは: activates the bot to translate from Japanese to English
It will then display the list of languages it can offer its services in. Choose the one which you want.