Earlier today, Microsoft finally announced what's coming in the next big feature update for the Xbox One. Codenamed Redstone 4, it aligns with the next Windows 10 update. Along with support for 1440p displays, there are new Mixer features, a refreshed Edge browser, and much more.
The new build number is 17105, and just as there are a bunch of new features, there are also some fixes, and of course, known issues.
Here's what got fixed:
Fixed several issues to improve the reliability and usability of game installations, updates, and content management.
Fixed an issue which impacted transferring content between drives.
Enabling the download 4K updates checkbox will now cause 4K updates to show up in the Updates tab of My games & apps.
Fixed an issue where installations interrupted due to slow network conditions could fail to automatically resume.
Fixed an issue where a “You need to free up space” dialog was displaying too often.
Fixed a bug where all items in the install Queue could show as “Queued” without making progress.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused an incorrect Profile color to be used when powering on the console.
Here are the known issues:
- When resuming from connected standby (with the console in Instant-On mode), you may encounter a black screen on the TV or monitor. You can avoid this issue by powering on the console prior to powering on the TV or monitor.
- Workaround 1: If stuck in this state, unplug and reinsert the HDMI cord into the back of the console, then power the TV off/on.
- Workaround 2: Disable IR blasting in Settings to prevent this issue from reoccurring.
- When installing a system update, you may encounter an E200 error at the last stage of the installation.
- Workaround: Unplug and re-plug the power cord, then power on the console normally—the console should go through the standard start up sequence and land on the dashboard.
- If Microsoft Edge was pinned prior to downloading the 1804 update, attempting to launch Microsoft Edge from the existing pin will fail.
- Workaround: Delete the old Microsoft Edge pin and re-pin Microsoft Edge.
- You may notice audio drops in receivers using Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.
- If Netflix crashes when first launched, check for an app update on the Store or from My games & apps.
- If HBO GO crashes when first launched, check for an app update on the Store or from My games & apps.
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- When browsing Add-Ons in the Store, the Show All page may appear blank
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
As always, it's recommended that you read through the known issues before installing a build. Remember, this is the first one from the Redstone 4 development branch and this is the Alpha ring, so things will go wrong. You might even experience issues that aren't on this list. If this seems like too much, you might want to think about switching your console to a lower ring. The good news is, however, that many of these issues have workarounds.
The version number for this update is 1804, indicating that it should be finalized in the month of April. This means that it won't be completed by the time that the Windows 10 version is. Still, it will be out in a couple of months, so it won't be too long before this hits the Beta ring.