Microsoft today released a new Xbox One Insider Preview to the Alpha ring today, and while it's not the first preview of version 1805, build 17134.3006 is the first to contain new features. The company wasn't specific about which features are included, but only linked to the announcement of new features from earlier this week.
New features coming to version 1805 include 120Hz refresh rates, although that only works if your screen is set to 1080p or 1440p. The good news is that you'll be able to take advantage of displays that offer those higher refresh rates, whether it's a monitor or a TV.
You can also now group your apps on the Home screen, in My Games & Apps, and the Guide. What's better is that these Groups will sync to your Microsoft account, so they'll work on other consoles. You can also now trim game clips right from within the Guide, so you don't have to use Upload Studio.
And of course, build 17134.3006 comes with a bunch of fixes:
Home – Avatars
- Fixed an issue in which Avatars were not properly displayed within the profile pages.
Home – Cortana
- Fixed an issue in which Cortana was unable to make selection of account names.
- Fixed an issue for a user when broadcasting and opening the guide would cause the camera momentarily to vanish from the active broadcast.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue in with users would lose navigation controls/focus in the manage game section for a game or app.
- Fixed the social icon within the notifications toasts that was appearing as a blank square while in Light theme contrast.
Settings – Accessory App
- We have resolved an issue in which some users were not able to navigate correctly, assign controller configurations and set Vibration settings in the Xbox Accessory app.
As usual, there are also some known issues to be aware of:
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
The 1805 version number indicates that the update will be finalized in May, although it might not ship to non-Insiders until June, being that we haven't even seen version 1804 yet. It's currently only available for Insiders in the Preview Alpha ring - which is invitation-only - but you should be able to get it in the lower rings soon enough.