XPY is a small tool which disables the default threats of a Windows XP installation. Besides disabling Windows and some of its components to communicate with Microsoft servers, XPY improves privacy settings and your system's security.
* Disable questionable services
* Disarm Internet Explorer
* Disarm Windows Media Player
* Remove Windows Messenger
* Improve privacy and security
* Improve performance
Though xpy is smaller than 60 kilobytes, it can close serious threats (i.e. DCOM) on long distance, where large service-packs can only protect you until a new security hole has been found.
Changelog v0.9.8 (2007-01-04) :
* added new feature
-disable program prefetch
-disable system start/exit sounds
* added license display on first start
* modified registry key name for IESearchScope
* fixed bug in UsabFullPath restoration