Yahoo! Widgets are small, specific applications that you can run on your Windows or Mac OS desktop. A Widget can do almost anything from displaying a weather forecast to playing a game. Widgets generally sit on your desktop and don't look like applications as we're used to seeing them in a standard window. Instead, Widgets tend to look like small pictures or animations. Yahoo! Widgets help you save time and stay current by bringing an always-updated, at-a-glance view of your favorite Internet services right to your desktop. The Yahoo! Widget Gallery offers over 4,000 desktop Widgets - the most available anywhere online. Yahoo! Widgets is the only major desktop Widgets platform that works on both Windows and Mac OSes.
Changes in Version 4.0.3 Build 178
* Fixed getDirectoryContents when passed "C:".
* Fixed Drag and Drop events in Textareas.
* Fixed problem where opacity on frames wasn't being obeyed properly.
* Fixed issue with debug window never showing file/line number info. Also pulled in change to debug window to avoid having to use print() to see values.
* Fixed problem with duplicate widgets when consolidating. This would manifest itself as the apparent duplication of Widgets if you kept downloading and running the same Widget over and over (or an update to a Widget not gotten via the built-in update mechanism).
* Fixed truncation of Japanese characters in prefs.
* Fixed 'with' with COM objects.
* Fixed problem where we weren't always properly releasing COM objects.
* Fixed last remaining positioning issue wrt context menus when windows have shadows.
* Mac: Fixed reloadWidget() bug.
* Mac: Fixed font styling problem on Panther.
* Mac: Fixed Japanese font rendering issues in textareas.
Operating Systems Supported
* Windows XP SP2, 2000 SP4
* Windows Vista
* Mac OS X 10.3.9 and up