These days, you don't need to spend big bucks to get a decent handset with solid specs. But ZTE is taking that mantra to a new level with the launch of its Zmax Pro, which offers a remarkable set of specs at an astonishingly low price.
Indeed, on paper at least, the new device promises a package that puts many more expensive handsets to shame, with a huge display, mid-range specs, and an entry-level price tag. Check out what the Zmax Pro has to offer:
- 6.0-inch IPS LCD with Full HD (1920x1080px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB storage (plus microSD card support up to 256GB)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, phase detection auto-focus and 1080p video recording at 30fps
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 2.0 with Type-C connector
- Non-removable 3400mAh battery
- 165.1 x 83.8 x 8.9mm; 175g
On top of that, the handset comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow onboard, and impressively, it also includes a fingerprint scanner on the rear.
The Zmax Pro is launching on August 1 in the US on MetroPCS, T-Mobile's budget-friendly prepaid carrier brand, priced at just $99 (after an instant $100 rebate) with no contract. According to CNET, ZTE confirmed that the device will remain available at that price indefinitely via MetroPCS.
Those who pre-register with the carrier before July 31 will also receive a free leather case.