7-Zip is a open source file archiver with a high compression ratio. The program supports 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, Z. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions. Check license information here: 7-Zip license.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip are:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- Compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats: 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 74 languages
What's new after 7-Zip 9.38 Beta:
- 7-Zip now uses new installer.
- 7-Zip now can create 7z, xz and zip archives with 1536 MB dictionary for LZMA/LZMA2.
- 7-Zip File Manager now can operate with alternate file streams at NTFS
- volumes via "File / Alternate Streams" menu command.
- 7-Zip now can extract .zipx (WinZip) archives that use xz compression.
- new optional "section size" parameter for BCJ2 filter for compression ratio improving.
- Example: -mf=BCJ2:d9M, if largest executable section in files is smaller than 9 MB.
- Speed optimizations for BCJ2 filter and SHA-1 and SHA-256 calculation.
- Console version now uses stderr stream for error messages.
- Console version now shows names of processed files only in progress line by default.
- new -bb[0-3] switch to set output log level. -bb1 shows names of processed files in log.
- new -bs[o|e|p][0|1|2] switch to set stream for output messages;
- o: output, e: error, p: progress line; 0: disable, 1: stdout, 2: stderr.
- new -bt switch to show execution time statistics.
- new -myx[0-9] switch to set level of file analysis.
- new -mmtf- switch to set single thread mode for filters.
- The BUG was fixed:
- 7-Zip didn't restore NTFS permissions for folders during extracting from WIM archives.
The BUG was fixed:
- The command line version: if the command "rn" (Rename) was called with more
- than one pair of paths, 7-Zip used only first rename pair.
The BUG was fixed:
- 7-Zip crashed for ZIP/LZMA/AES/AES-NI.
The BUG in 15.01-15.02 was fixed:
- 7-Zip created incorrect ZIP archives, if ZipCrypto encryption was used.
- 7-Zip 9.20 can extract such incorrect ZIP archives.
- Some bugs were fixed.
Download: 7-Zip 15.05 Beta | 7-Zip 64-bit | 1.4 MB (Open Source)
Download: 7-Zip Theme Manager 2.1
View: 7-Zip Website | Announcement
1 Comment - Add comment