7-Zip is a open source file archiver with a high compression ratio. The program supports 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, Z. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions. Check license information here: 7-Zip license.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip are:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- Compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats: 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 74 languages
Changes in 7-Zip 16.04:
- The bug was fixed: 7-Zip 16.03 exe installer under Vista didn't create links in Start / Programs menu.
- Some bugs were fixed in RAR code.
Download: 7-Zip 16.04 (32-bit) | 7-Zip (MSI Installer) | ~1.5 MB (Open Source)
Download: 7-Zip 16.04 (64-bit) | 7-Zip (MSI Installer)
Download: 7-Zip Theme Manager 2.1
View: 7-Zip Website
2 Comments - Add comment