Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.42 new features:
E-book viewer: Ignore accents when doing a search
Book list searching: Ignore punctuation when searching. So that, for example, Gravitys will match Gravity's
Show the text used for marking books in the tooltip
- Edit book: Reduce memory consumption by the checkpoint system when doing operations that involve parsing all book files
- Amazon metadata download: Fix titles starting with [ being ignored
- Edit metadata dialog: Undo not working correctly in identifiers field
- Fix viewing LRF files not working
- PDF Output: Fix an error on some invalid CSS in the input document
- Linux binary: Workaround for Qt WebEngine not working on systems with glibc > 2.33
New news sources
- Caravan Magazine (Hindi) by Areet Mahadevan
- LWN (Free) by yodha8
- IEEE Spectrum Magazine by yodha8
- Financial Times by Kovid Goyal
- Cosmos Magazine by yodha8
Improved news sources
- New Yorker
- OMG! Ubuntu!
- ACM Queue
- Science News
- Quanta Magazine
- Outlook Magazine
- Indian Express
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware