Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.16.0 new features:
- Allow storing extra data files with a book - Right click the Add books button to add arbitrary files as "data files" to a book record. These are managed by calibre along with the book files, but cannot be used for conversion/viewing. Select a book and press the "O" key to view the data files in your file explorer.
- Allow undoing the deletion of books from the calibre library - Now deleted books are stored in a calibre "Trash bin" from which they can be restored with a single click. To view the trash bin, right click the "Remove books" button.
- Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Elipsa 2E
- Book details: if an item has an associated link then offer that link in the item's context menu
- Content server viewer: Fix end of chapter content being occasionally skipped when scrolling by screen full with multiple pages
- E-book viewer: Fix a regression that caused notes from a different highlights to be shown in some situations
- E-book viewer: Show an error if the user tries to search for only punctuation or spaces in the search modes that ignore these
- Fix custom columns not showing in Book details links from other libraries
New news sources
- Bar and Bench by unkn0wn
- The Washington Post Print Edition by unkn0wn
Improved news sources
- Outlook Magazine
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware