Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.25 changelog:
Book details panel: De-emphasize titles making the actual data stand out more
Allow using the new manage data files dialog from within the edit metadata dialog
Trash dialog: Allow right clicking on an entry to save it to disk
When merging books by drag-and-drop add an option to use the dragged cover instead of the cover in the target book
Create catalog: Add buttons to easily select all/non/visible fields when creating CSV/XML catalogs
Preferences->Add your own columns: Add buttons to show/hide all columns
- Fix a regression in the previous release that broke parsing of some ISO-8601 timestamps
- E-book viewer: Mouse wheel horizontal events should jump sections not internal file boundaries
- Fix Preferences->Add your own columns changing check state on moving columns
- Get books: update various Polish e-book stores for website changes
- E-book viewer: Fix CFI parsing of numbers with trailing zeros causing some bookmarks to not work
- E-book viewer: Show an error when creating a bookmark if the bookmark position is not found
- CBR Input: Fix comics with extremely long internal filenames not working on Windows
- Edit book: Saved searches: Fix incorrect import in generated source code for some builtin functions
- Data file manager: Fix errors on systems with larger font sizes
New news sources
The Oldie by Sophist
Various new Russian and Ukrainian news sources by Unknown
Improved news sources
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware