Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.4.0 new features:
- Conversion pipeline: Add support for !important when flattening CSS rules
- Content server: Use the chapter title as the base bookmark name when creating new bookmarks
- Allow changing the search order when clicking on items in the Tag browser (Preferences->Look & feel->Tag browser->Hierarchy and searching)
- Check library: Make vacuuming the full text database optional as it is very slow and memory intensive
- Tag browser: Move the preferences for controlling the order and display of categories in the Tag browser from Preferences->Tweaks to Preferences->Look & feel->Tag browser
- User category editor: Hide items not visible in the Tag browser
- Allow adding a button to show the Manage categories window to the toolbars via Preferences->Toolbars & menus
- Google metadata download: When excluding results from a web search because they don't match the specified title/author ignore diacritics, accents, etc.
- E-book viewer: Lookup: Google dictionary: Add some padding at the left and right margins
- E-book viewer: Lookup word in Google dictionary: Fix meanings of some words not being shown in the user's preferred language
- Fix calibredb backup_metadata --all operating only on dirty books not all books
- Do not VACUUM FTS db when exporting library as it can be very slow
- Windows: Nicer error message when attempting to run viewer/editor on machine without MediaPack installed
- Edit book: Reports: Fix rendering of images in the images report table
- Content server: Fix formatting of dates for custom columns using ISO format
New news sources
Brhat by Vishwas Vasuki
Cachys Blog by Volker Heggemann
Various Russian and Ukranian news sources by bugmen00t
Improved news sources
Live Law and Live Mint
Financial Times and MIT Technology Review
Business Standard and Indian Express
High Country News
Outlook Business Magazine
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware