FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting AIR, APK, APNG APPX, BMP, CBZ, CHM, DOCX, DIB, DLL, EPUB, EXE, FAX, GIF, GZ, ICO, JAR, JPEG, LIB, MNG, MP3, MPP, OBJ, PNG, PPTX, ODT, OGG, OGV, PDF, PUB, SCR, SWF, TIF, VSD, WEBP, XAP, XLSX, and ZIP file formats among others.
It keeps the behavior of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several re-compression and optimization techniques.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via command line.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
Changes in FileOptimizer 9.00.1541:
- Ribbon interface is by default disabled, and replaced by traditional menus. There is a new Appearance tab under Options dialog where you can reenable it (Newtomic).
- Added context menu Open containing folder (Special).
- Now you can override virtually any INI setting thought the command-line. For instance FileOptimizer32.exe /GIFAllowLossy=true.
- Added INI option ShutdownWhenDone=false to specify the OS to shutdown as soon as optimization of all queued files is done (guindos98).
- Implemented simple command-line help when specifying /? switch.
- Enhanced update checker.
- Implemented a Statistics section that can be checked inside the Information window.
- Improved single instance detection, because it did not work properly on Vista and later (Special).
- Embarcadero themes have conflicts with Windows 10 Anniversay update, so we get back to default Windows one in 10 or later (RejZoR, TPS).
- Made abort optimization message more clearer (Louis Horvath).
- Fixed main window position not properly restored on launch (hairycactus).
- Simplified ECT multithreading, because it already knows the number of threads to use.
- Retested in Windows XP RTM, and Windows 10 Anniversary.
- Updated help file.
- Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.149 daily binaries.
- Updated to ECT 0.6.2.0 -ef70e0- x86 and x64 optimized builds (thanks Malloc Voidstar).
- Changed from pngwolf to pngwolf-zopfli, which gives higher rations, and a native x64 build (TPS).
- Updated ImageMagick 220.127.116.11 with HDRI support.
- Updated to cppcheck 1.75.
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.