Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Quantum is Mozilla's project to build the next-generation web engine for Firefox users, building on the Gecko engine as a solid foundation. Quantum will leverage the fearless concurrency of Rust and high-performance components of Servo to bring more parallelization and GPU offloading to Firefox.
Firefox (Quantum) users will be impressed by the modern new design that puts their needs first. With the new (fast and fluid Photon) design, Firefox leaps ahead with a new interface that reflects today’s reality of High DPI displays and users who are more task focused than they’ve ever been. Photon doesn’t just look good, it’s also smarter. If you’re using Photon on a Windows PC with a touch display, the menus change size based on whether you click with a mouse or touch with a finger.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox Quantum 69.0.1 changelog:
- Fixed external programs launching in the background when clicking a link from inside Firefox to launch them (bug 1570845)
- Usability improvements to the Add-ons Manager for users with screen readers (bug 1567600)
- Fixed the Captive Portal notification bar not being dismissable in some situations after login is complete (bug 1578633)
- Fixed the maximum size of fonts in Reader Mode when zoomed (bug 1578454)
- Fixed missing stacks in the Developer Tools Performance section (bug 1578354)
- Security and stability fixes
Download: Firefox 69.0.1 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 69.0.1 for Linux | 64-bit | ~60.0 MB
Download: Firefox 69.0.1 for MacOS | 67.9 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware