Malwarebytes is a high performance anti-malware application that thoroughly removes even the most advanced malware and spyware.
Malwarebytes version 3.xx brings comprehensive protection against today’s threat landscape so that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus.
Malwarebytes 3.xx has been built from the ground up and now offers combined Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies all into a single product (Malwarebytes). And it scans your computer 3-4 times faster!
You can finally replace your traditional antivirus, thanks to a innovative and layered approach to prevent malware infections using a healthy combination of proactive and signature-less technologies. While signatures are still effective against threats like potentially unwanted programs, the majority of malware detection events already come from signature-less technologies like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware; that trend will only continue to grow. For many of you, this is something you already know, since over 50% of the users already run Malwarebytes as their sole security software, without any third-party antivirus.
Malwarebytes 22.214.171.1243 changelog:
- Multiple enhancements result in reduction of memory usage
- Faster load time and responsiveness of third-party applications
- Improved performance of Web Protection
- Faster Malwarebytes 3 program startup time and responsiveness of user interface
- New detection and protection layer with machine learning based anomaly detection (to be deployed gradually even if it shows “enabled” under Settings)
- Improved Self-Protection by requiring escalated privileges to disable protections or deactivate a license
- Enhanced malware protection techniques and remediation capabilities
- Added an automatic monthly scheduled scan in Free mode
- Added ability to control the priority of manual scans on the system
- Added setting to turn off ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications when protection was specifically disabled by the user
- Added ability to exclude the last website blocked by Web Protection via the tray menu
- Fixed several defects related to configuring Custom Scans, including selecting child folders and fixing issues with touch screens
- Fixed problem where a right-click context scan appeared broken after scheduled scan due to misleading "Cannot start a scan while another one is in progress" message
- Fixed issue where you could not add or edit a scheduled scan in Spanish and some other languages
- Fixed issue where scan could appear stuck on Heuristics Analysis when it had actually completed successfully
- Fixed issue where Self-Protection setting would fail to toggle correctly after an upgrade
- Fixed several crashes in the Web Protection module
- Fixed issue where Ransomware Protection would be stuck in ‘Starting’ state after a reboot
- Fixed a conflict with Norton that caused web pages not to load and plug-ins to crash in Chrome
- Fixed issue with WMI protection technique in Exploit Protection that could cause Office applications to crash
- Fixed several crashes related to the service and tray
- Fixed security vulnerabilities that could be chained together to perform local privilege escalation
- Fixed many other miscellaneous defects and user interface improvements