AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are typically bundled with free programs that you download from the web. In many cases when you download and install a program, the install will state that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. Unless you perform a Custom install, these unwanted programs will automatically be installed on your computer leaving you with extra browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to search for and remove these types of programs.
AdwCleaner 188.8.131.52 changelog:
- Ability to choose between Google, DuckduckGo and Qwant for Browsers settings restoration
- Ability to choose the behaviour with proxies
- Ability to choose logfile display behaviour
- Possibility to decline the update prompt
- Croatian translation
- Add compatibility manifest entry
- DE, IT, UK, KR, FR, RO Translations
- Database 2017/07/31
- Improve browsers detections
- Improve Options UI display for 125% text size
- Improve services scan
- Display the scan logfile at the end of the scan by default
- Redesign the Options panel.
- Improve processes killing
- Change changelog layout
- Fix slash layout in results and clean/scan logfiles
- Fix crash during scan and clean.
- Fix FPs
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware