MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 22.12 changelog:
- WebVTT: more information (duration, start/end timestamp, count of lines...)
- MP4/MOV: support of FLAC
- MP4/MOV: support of LanguageIETF
- ProRes: parse FFmpeg glbl atom for getting color range
- AVI/WAV: detection of character set
- WAV: display MD5 of raw content
- FLAC: display MD5 of unencoded content
- USAC: trace of UsacFrame() up to after preroll
- MOV/MP4: option for parsing only the header, no parsing of any frame
- MXF: option for parsing only the header, no parsing of any frame
- MXF: quicker parsing when fast parsing is requested
- I662, WAV: fix false-positive detection of DTS in PCM
- I1637, MPEG-Audio: proper support of Helix MP3 encoder detection and encoder settings
- I661, MXF: fix UKDPP FpaPass value sometimes not outputted
- S1182, Teletext subtitle: prioritize subtitle metadata other overs
- Matroska: Better handling in case of buggy AVC stream
- 22.2 audio: Fix name of 1 channel (Tll --> Tsl)
- AAC: fix wrong parsing of some bitstreams
- Fix crash with stdin input and ctrl-c
- Fix memory leak in JSON output
Download: MediaInfo 22.12 | 6.3 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable MediaInfo 22.12 (64-bit) | 5.1 MB
Download: Portable MediaInfo 22.12 (32-bit) | 3.7 MB
View: MediaInfo Homepage | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
1 Comment - Add comment